Saturday 29 April
9:45 - 10:40 am: Church of St Martin in the Bull Ring: Arrival and welcome (directions)
10:45 am: Finding treasure in the midst of our lives
- introduction to the day;
- first meeting in small groups;
- explanation of midday prayer and short song-practice.
12:15 pm: Distribution of (hot) lunch and a meal packet (for supper)
1:15 pm: Join with all participants for Midday prayer: St Martin in the Bull Ring
2:30 pm: Meeting Christ in the discarded
- prisoners and the forgotten, and our own communities;
- discussion in the same small groups as in the morning;
- refreshments that nearly got thrown away! - meet (and taste) the “Real Junk Food Project”.
4:30-6:00 pm in the city-centre – choice of workshops:
- Introduction to Icons, and practical exercise;
- Hearing the stories of refugees;
- Faith and Science with a professor of physics
- Encounter with Black Majority Churches
- Song practice.
Or free time.
7:00 pm St Martin in the Bull Ring: Prayer of the Light of Christ (song practice from from 6:20 pm) with words from Brother Alois.
Regional Church leaders and city-centre pastors and clergy are especially invited for this prayer which will be recorded for use by BBC Radio 4.
8:30 pm: Return home, or to accommodation.
Church of St Martin in the Bull Ring